THE HOSTS & THE TRADITION
Gerhard Jennewein relates the history and tradition of the WALZL:
This country inn was built in 1965 by my parents as a small coffee house. Alongside the inn, they also ran a farm.
In 1975, the café was extended and renamed the “Gasthof Pension”. In 2000, I took over the family business with my wife Petra and have since then renovated and expanded the hotel on several occasions (examples include the construction of the play park and the guest garden etc.).
The most ambitious of these renovations took place in autumn 2016; what you now have are:
- 22 modern and comfortable rooms to enhance the wellbeing of our guests,
- a redesigned ballroom, café & dining rooms,
all of which present the hotel in a completely new light.
Why all the conversion work?
The answer is quite simple: We want nothing but the best for our guests & friends on their holidays... and with that in mind we now offer more than the WALZL ever used to.
My mother Elsa, my father Josef, my wife Petra, our children Paul and Johannes, as well as yours truly.
The heartfelt passion of my wife Petra is reflected in our delicious cuisine with its new variations.
And the loving care that has gone into the design of all the rooms is likewise all down to my wife. My job is to liaise directly with the guests and to manage and run the overall business, which I do under the following motto:
“There’s no such word as ‘can’t’!"
My son Paul is a successful biathlete and attends the ski high school in Stams.
His brother Johannes has started his career at the forestry school HBLA Bruck an der Mur. For him, there is nothing better than being out in nature and living out his love of game keeping & hunting.
We decided on this big step of renovation and building work to meet the challenge of attracting new kinds of guest and getting people excited about the Glungezer and Patscherkofel area as a thriving and dynamic region. We want to be pioneers here too, to breathe new life into our wonderful region as a tourist attraction.
The guest garden was expanded with the addition of a conservatory, ensuring a pleasant ambience for our guests in all weather conditions (up to 50 seats).
10 good reasons to spend your holiday at the WALZL in Lans:
- Unique landscape on the sunny plateau above Innsbruck.
- Situated in the country but not far from Innsbruck (approx. 7 km).
- A hotel in which all kinds of guests “feel at home”.
- The newly adapted comfortable rooms, the warm and cosy atmosphere and the widely praised cuisine will all inspire you.
- Highly motivated staff who enjoy pampering our guests.
- Public transport links right into the heart of Innsbruck: The tram stop is 5 minutes' walk from the hotel; the bus stop for scheduled buses (every 20 minutes) is very close by.
- In the summer there are beautiful hiking and cycling trails; there are one 18-hole golf course and two 9-hole courses, and opportunities for bathing in the immediate vicinity in the idyllic Lansersee (lake).
- In the winter: Ski slopes & cross-country ski runs, sledding runs, in easy reach every day with the free ski bus which goes to the Patscherkofel mountain and, alternately, to the Stubai Glacier, Seefeld, Axams, and Mutters. The shuttle bus stop is located directly in front of the hotel. Winter walks on the circular paths of the sunny plateau.
- Olympic venues, such as bobsleigh and toboggan runs and the Alpine ski slopes are, so to speak, “on the doorstep”.
- An ideal starting point for short excursions and sightseeing attractions in North and South Tyrol.