ARRIVE & FEEL GOOD
A place to meet with friends
The Gasthof WALZL is located in the holiday village of Lans, a short drive into the mountains above Innsbruck. We are a Tyrolean country hotel, run with love by one family, where all the focus is on harmony and perfection.
Other places have guests, the WALZL has friends - friends whom we are always privileged to welcome back as guests!
Our family has had a passion for hosting guests for over 50 years. With a love of detail and a wealth of visions for the future, we have succeeded in creating an exclusive hotel in Lans where tradition and modernity blend like milk and water.
Our endeavours are characterised by firmly held long-term values, the focus of which is always on the guest. Through what we do, we assume great responsibility for our staff and our unique natural landscape.
We have invested all of our passion and heart in the WALZL with the aim of inspiring our guests with Tyrolean hospitality.
Yours truly, the Jennewein family & the entire WALZL team
FEEL-GOOD ROOMS FOR DREAMING
You will feel very comfortable in our modern rooms, some of which come with a balcony, and will be sure to enjoy your stay with us in the fresh forest & mountain air on the sunny plateau above Innsbruck (860 m above sea level).
DIVERSITY FOR ALL THE SENSES
Enjoy the family atmosphere with a glass or two of the “good stuff” from our wine cellar and exquisite dishes from our traditional cuisine.
We only use high-quality products from the region.
WEDDINGS HOSTED BY THE PROFESSIONALS
We specialise in large-scale celebratory events in our ballroom with its guest garden and conservatory. For weddings in particular, we offer a complete package that takes care of everything:
On request, we will organise everything for you, from the carriage for the bride and groom, and the wedding cake and the music, right through to the decor and menu suggestions!
The WALZL hotel was built by Elsa and Josef Jennewein at the beginning of the 1960s and was handed on to their son Gerhard in 2001; since then, he and his wife Petra have successfully managed and continuously modernised the hotel.
With their two sons Johannes and Paul next in line, the popular country hotel also looks set to stay firmly in the hands of the family for the next generation.
We look forward to welcoming you at the WALZL.
The Jennewein Family
10 good reasons to spend your holiday at the WALZL in Lans:
- Unique landscape on the sunny plateau above Innsbruck.
- Situated in the country but not far from Innsbruck (approx. 7 km).
- A hotel in which all kinds of guests “feel at home”.
- The newly adapted comfortable rooms, the warm and cosy atmosphere and the widely praised cuisine will all inspire you.
- Highly motivated staff who enjoy pampering our guests.
- Public transport links right into the heart of Innsbruck: The tram stop is 5 minutes' walk from the hotel; the bus stop for scheduled buses (every 20 minutes) is very close by.
- In the summer there are beautiful hiking and cycling trails; there are one 18-hole golf course and two 9-hole courses, and opportunities for bathing in the immediate vicinity in the idyllic Lansersee (lake).
- In the winter: Ski slopes & cross-country ski runs, sledding runs, in easy reach every day with the free ski bus which goes to the Patscherkofel mountain and, alternately, to the Stubai Glacier, Seefeld, Axams, and Mutters. The shuttle bus stop is located directly in front of the hotel. Winter walks on the circular paths of the sunny plateau.
- Olympic venues, such as bobsleigh and toboggan runs and the Alpine ski slopes are, so to speak, “on the doorstep”.
- An ideal starting point for short excursions and sightseeing attractions in North and South Tyrol.